Wishing for Amnesia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Memories marred by the attempts to delete them,
She doesn’t know what really happened anymore.
The Incident becomes incidents become “it happens all the time.”
Now all she knows
Is that it happens all the time.

Denial becomes excuses becomes I’m sorrys and
“What do you want me to do?”
It’s too late. She’s already afraid.

Afraid to be pitied,
She clutches her teddy bear, swallows her tears
And allows them to read her a story.

Medina D. said...
Feb. 23, 2011 at 12:26 am
the words in this poem were carried out strong and clear: but the message in between the lines was so big it need not fit into a few lines.

Alexia_Kay said...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 11:34 am
Wow! This is exquisitly beautiful.

Mgymnast This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 11:30 am

wow! this is really good and i enjoyed reading this!! :)

also, if you get the chance could you check out some of my photo's such as Beauty in Nature and Freedom (& comment and rate them???) it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

ElijahN said...
I may have commented on this before, but if I haven't, why not? This is awesome.

-Rain- said...
This poem reminds me of my own writings. Mostly of one of mine I have yet to put up here. This is a realy moving piece and maybe if you have the time you could read some of mine and see what you think.

amalie said...
I don't comment on alot but I felt I needed to comment on this because it was so striking! It leaves alot of room for thought but yet it seems like the story of my life. It flowed beautifully, and though I don't know what you intended this to be about, I can take comfort in it, allowing myself to think that this person you've created could be a person like me. Thank you!!!

Nick121 said...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 8:38 am
nice job with the poem

just-a-joy said...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 7:33 am
this is amazingly good i can relate  to try to for get thigs to the point that the truth becomes pieces in my head... if u want i have a poem dealing with the same subject

anne.Brooke said...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 12:48 am

Hi..the poem was really good..But, can someone explain to me elaborately...

:)

Carlie said...
Wow! That was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check out mine. It's called my fantasy!

DarknessForever13 said...
Amazing, and absolutley touching. This poem has a message that everyone needs to see. Keep writing, and when you write a book, i'll be the crazy one in front cheering for you! (Of course, I will need an autograph too.)  :-)   *Small, shy voice turned demonic*   Will you please look at my work? My most recent one is "No One Would Think...."

writergirl13 said...
This is so heartfelt and stunning. What could inspire something like this?

Barbiie said...
I absolutely and entirely agree. This poem is stunning!

Duckie430 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like this alot

WriteReadSing said...
I like it it has a lot of mystery to it :)

massiekur said...

this is my favorite poem from this website. beautiful.

i LOVE "The Incident becomes incidents become 'it happens all the time'"

phlogistonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very mysterious. I loved it. Keep on writing!

gargar said...
this is amazing! check mine out?

ashbash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 27, 2010 at 11:48 am
This poem is absolutely incredible. I read the last line maybe five or six times, amazing job. Do us all a favor and KEEP WRITING! You've really inspired me!

quad14 said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 7:42 am
This was a good read..the title really fits the free verse