Venting.. | Teen Ink

Venting..

November 19, 2011
By OjosQueNoMiente BRONZE, Socorro, New Mexico
OjosQueNoMiente BRONZE, Socorro, New Mexico
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
We Ask For Love Yet Our Heart's Don't Exist.<3


The gray skies keep me sane. Follow the stars to the end of the road.. Follow them to the end of the day. Gray skies make me smile.. I'm sick of the restless nights I no longer control. I'm sick of the painful thoughts &amp; questions.. LORD WHY?! Why.. I'm Drained to ripped edges of desperation to hear her voice again. Never letting myself see her face for a last time.. LORD WHY?! Why.. She flew to another beautiful meaningful dream.. To see her again?? No!! NO!! It will never be!.. T'was Her last time on earth.. Her last. But Why?! lord.. Why. I'm sick of the soaked faces dialing to only hear.. "Has been disconnected".. When will i feel sane again. Why.. WHY!! I'm tired of the Images replaying in my weak slide-show of the only beauty left in this world. I'm withered to the core of anger and defeat.. Lord.. Why?! I am sick.. Only to dream one day.. My cousin.. She'd give me a call. She'd say, once more.. "Hey Ash!! Are you behaving? Better! I love you &amp; I'm still your big cuz, Don't forget, I'm always" ... BEEP!!! "Has been disconnected." The gray skies keep me sane. Follow the stars to the end of the road.. Follow them to the end of the day. Gray skies make me smile.. I'm sick of the restless nights I no longer control. I'm sick of the painful thoughts &amp; questions.. LORD WHY?! Why.. Although I no longer have a live vision of her actual human body &amp; soul.. Lord. I put my trust in you.. I question You.. No Longer. While Ur gray skies.. Before the Bright morn, Keeps me sane.


The author's comments:
I lost my cousin in 2008.. She was 22. I am venting on this poem because it feels sometimes like no one remembers her.. I couldn't even see her at the viewing.. I refused. She's the first family member, young that we lost. 1st.. It hurts because she was so beautiful with flaws.. i miss her badly. Now as of this year my 25 yr old cousin is in a state of a coma and a vegetable after giving birth.. It's hard but i pray i can go thru this again.. Sanely. gray skies are beautiful bcuz it reminds me tough times come but "In the morning, You'll be alright." :)