What Went Wrong? | Teen Ink

What Went Wrong?

November 29, 2011
By Megs32 BRONZE, Kansas, Oklahoma
Megs32 BRONZE, Kansas, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything Happens For a Reason.


I sit by the phone waiting on your text, daydreaming about the time we'll see each other next.
I really think I'm falling for you, and I pray to God you feel that way too.
You say you really like me, which made me think of all that we could be.
Ecstatic was I when you asked me out, I told you yes without a doubt.
The following days we talked less and less, I started to worry if you had second guessed.
There was something off about you, but I didn't want to believe that to be true.
So here I am again sitting by the phone, waiting on your text not wanting to feel alone.
I haven't heard from you in a few days, it makes me wonder if we're still doing okay.
Days go by with a text here or there, it makes me question if you ever really cared.
So much goes through my mind, I feel as if I got left behind.
Days soon turn into a week, I'm dying to know the answers to the questions I seek.
Late one night I get a text from you, and all my worries and fears are coming true.
You say we jumped the gun, and I just don't have time for you hun.
I try to change your mind and not beg, but you say to me "it's not fair to you Meg."
So here I am again sitting by the phone, but this time I'm wondering what went wrong.