Legs Feel Shaky | Teen Ink

Legs Feel Shaky

legs feel shaky,almost limp as i make my way down this one way street;temples pounding,the sun above is giving off heat
i enter a park near dead ends creak;i can see the sea in the distance;i find this old rusty swing and take a seat
the sun is setting,the sky painted a fuschia shade, the sun dies down,and the humidity fades
its like i crossed over to a new world,as i watch my surroundings;a breeze floats by along with a bird,flapping its wings
everything goes silent,all that can be heard is my own intake of air,i hanq my head and slowly recite a prayer
dear father,let this pain be gone
i sit here in despair,and its almost dawn
i dont wanna feel this way nemore,i wanna be withdrawn
from this drama and worry,it seems the last straw has been drawn
hear me loud and hear me clear,failure feels near,for that is what i fear
please cleanse my path,and let me live a better year
i finish up and a tear rolls down my face and any trace of silence seems to be replaced
with the sound of cars in the distance,everything in existence comes back,and theres a resistance
a resistance to leave, for here is serene and the memories that i think up are almost unseen
here is where i can be free, to think what i think,and see what i see,right in this park,by the old yellow sea

joulie said...
on Aug. 30 2015 at 5:14 pm
It's ae great paragraph
Thank you

oohlalaa said...
on Nov. 22 2008 at 4:16 pm
I really like your poem. It is really emotional and observant. You have an exelent perspective of the world.Keep up the good work. Check out some of my poems :)