The Two warriors | Teen Ink

The Two warriors

By Konner BRONZE, Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee
Konner BRONZE, Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee

"it is better to dwell in the forest, than with an contemptuos and angry woman" Proverbs 21:19

Two distinct men were fighting a war/ one for himself, the other his family poor/ though on different battlefields they started their campaighn/one fought with grace, the other a hungry flame/ one fought with words that numbered more than a thousand/ the other fought and felled many a man/ the first with his words quickly gained power/ the other while fighting his wraith did shower/ the first at first ruled nicely and fair/ slowly he realized he just did not care/ he grew happy, rich, and fat all the while/ the bodies of the poor started to pile/ he thought he was safe from the peasants demands/ until his cup they got in their hands/ the other walked home saddened and maimed/ the battle he lost of which he was ashamed/ he chose to flee because he was afraid/ now more so of the people he betrayed/ he walked through the town gate and was shocked to see/ the poisnoned leader staked to the tree/ the two warriors path came to a close/ one ended in death the other in woes.