I am from | Teen Ink

I am from

November 2, 2011
By mkeller13 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
mkeller13 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Distance doesn't make you weak it only makes you stronger.


I am from the dirt, rocks, and sand that live at the end of my drive way.
From the different color, misty, smoke of chalk, on my hands.
I am from the smell of roses, sun in your eyes, the blue high swings, and the water hitting my face when the sun does.
I am from the high, soft green grass that I walk a pond, to the hot, smooth side walk I run on.
Who’s calm on a black, dark, rainy day, but yet excited and thrilled on a warm, hot, sunny one.
I am from the open skies and high, bright hills.
From the old Keller, Irish, pine berry trees, to the Shea, German wooden benches.
I am from the joy and laughter that fills the air and the moments that will never be forgotten.
And from the giggles of little children.
I am from being just borne, to a baby, child, and teen, to being forced to grow up fast.
From being one with Mother Nature, and hating bugs, to the warm country sides of Missouri valley.
I am from determination, and the love of my catholic faith, to church always on Sunday and waiting till marriage.
From the long wavy blond hair, the glossy baby blue eyes, and big white smile you see every once in a while.
I am from Oreo going down my throat, to cheese it down my sister’s pants.
From jumping through the air with life to being in the hospital full of fear.
And from thinking I needed to be heard to its better to stay quiet.
From the goofy, loud, out spoken, blunt, and being always in trouble little girl, to caring too much, knowing what I want and having a big heart.
I am from those moments that will and can be forever in my heart and mined, but yet will never be forgotten.
Yes I am from the cute, little giggles of small children, and the laughter, and joy of getting older, to the anger of being a teen and not getting my way.
It’s where I’m from.


The author's comments:
Helps people to see what i went from being a kid to growing up and becoming the person i am now.