Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

Big k said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:20 am
Who cares

zigzag replied...
big k u are being a big jerk this poem is so moving i just love it

GirlWhoWrote said...
this is amazing!!!! Please check out my work!!!!!!!

sunriseusnset said...
This is amazing. Great detail. I have an Invisible Children's Club at my school & i woudl just love to share this...if you don't mine.

Dreammer said...
This was amazing! Please look at my work :)

ThePeaceDaisy said...
This is so sad.. :'( children, or anyone for that matter, should not be treated this way.

kobie1kenobi said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:05 am
This is amazing. Well worded, deep, true, and heart-wrenching. This, right here, is an example of what good poetry is, if ever the world would give it a chance. Thank you for this poem; it speaks volumes while in silence it may be read.

xximjustmexx said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 8:01 am
Great work. That really captured and summarized what our world has come to. 5/5

WhittyKittyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
WOW. Amazing

EscapeSanity said...
This really makes you think about the world we live in today. Your poem really put an image in my mind. I could see their tears, and imagined what they were being taught. Exellent work!

Evelyn said...
my friend evelyn apoko was a child soldier...

Gingersnap777 said...
Oct. 24, 2011 at 8:49 am
What world is it that we live in, to see such sights?  Excellent work.

breakingfree replied...
this is so REAL. i could see them, what their eyes were reflecting. BEAUTIFUL. really good.

whitetiger303 said...
This poem is very moving but very true at the same time. I like the picture that goes with it. You can tell it fits the poem.

AngelHeart654 said...
GOOSEBUMPS!!!! I heard so much emotion n voice.

ConstellationN said...
That was so beautiful. That's what it is, you know? It made my heart sink when I read it, just because you captured what you were writing about. I hope you continue to write like this. It's very important, considering the age we live in.

shapeshifter56 said...
Beautifully written. You captured so much emotion in your poem. It is truly wonderful and clearly illustrates the pain of a child soldier.

Toby said...
this is awful, honestly, i dont know why people think its good, its terrible, not well written at all, yes about a sesative issue, but that doesnt mean people should feel obliged to say its good...

Bradymb94 replied...

hey you don't need to rip on it, I don't think it's neccessarily great but theres no need to insult people.

DezyDee replied...
This is a great writing.  However, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter what the writing is about. It matters more if it touches the heart of someone else. This is a fantastic poem. And I love it!

BeachBum101 replied...
I agree that this poem is fantastic! I love all the descriptions and its well written. I love it over all. Dont let people stop you from wrtiting