Child Soldiers | Teen Ink

Child Soldiers MAG

By Courtney Cyr BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
Courtney Cyr BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

lalala :) said...

wow this is great true i just finish watching a movies were kids have to kill and they don't got a choice -____-

its base on a real story and now i read this its true our world is ruin my wars. and kids suffer thats not good. i love your writting.

brown.sugar BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i lovin it

oh please check out my poetry

i lovin it

this poem ws very touching. it touched my heart. it also shows others who gets upset because there phone was taking away or they cant go shopping or to the movies etc. what it feels like to not have something or to go through what them poor little childrengo through

Lucy(: GOLD said...
on Aug. 10 2010 at 8:21 am
Lucy(: GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts
the way you sculpted your feeling was so deep, you deserve to have the #1 poem. its true that children sufferand are turned into robots because thats how they are raised, and many americans just ignore it. its a scary world, but its mazing you caught the attention to so many teen ink readerss =) great job.

on Aug. 10 2010 at 1:29 am
your poem is absolutely amazing its very deep im new to this site but your poem has inspired me i write poems too you can check out mine if you want

on Aug. 10 2010 at 1:02 am
secretdancer22 GOLD, Webster Groves, Missouri

"Hidden cry's are beneath every smile"
-Jordon Himmler

this poem is amazing keep up the good work!!check out some of my work :)

world_peace said...
wow, i really loved all the power and passion you put into this piece of work... it left me speecheless of how great it was. i just love it, brings out a really good realization to many kids that are ungreatful with the life their living when it's nothing bad compared to these CHILD SOLDIERS. great work.

on Jul. 29 2010 at 1:57 am
this is lovely

Thrush BRONZE said...
Thrush BRONZE, Tegaad, Other

"Live life to it's fullest extent, it's the only life you've got" "Enjoy yourself, be yourself, love yourself"

Aww, so sad and true.

8MiSuNdErStOoD8 BRONZE, Pembroke Pines, Florida

“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.”

aw this is just so beautiful! <333

JohnnyDeppLover123 DIAMOND, Holyoke, Massachusetts

Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
William Shakespeare

BRAVO! i feel all teary now....awesome job! =)

writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas

wow tough stuff, good job though, i especially like the ending starting with 'The eyes are deep brown.'

if you read this can you read some of my stories, thanks :))

on Jul. 19 2010 at 11:58 am
fyreflies BRONZE, Randolph, Wisconsin

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Doctor Suess
"Oh, of course it doesn't hurt to slide in softball." (before I tore up both knees and before I slapped that person)
"Stay with me here now/And never surrender" Skillet

This is some intense stuff...I admire how this is written, though. It's really sad how children have to see this kind of stuff. :( They don't really understand it, but they know it's bad, and it hurts them inside.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 5:38 am
Krist.M. SILVER, Redding,

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality.
Emily Dickinson

I wish to become a doctor and as part of the program, i have to leave for 2 months and go to help in Africa. My cuzzin has already gone and came back last year, she has explained it in many ways, but sometimes, i don't think i can stand the grief of loosing patients so young of age to such horrible diseases that they shouldn't even have to worry about.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 7:36 am
tianaxbiddy SILVER, Wareham, Massachusetts

"Plot is character revealed by action."

-Aristotle

it is an amazing peice. i read it and it almost brought a tear to my eyes because this is something thats happenin and i have met ppl who dont care "it is theway of life" or "they chosse this" i have been told................... the sad truth is they r too young to kno

on Jul. 9 2010 at 4:00 am
Kanchana BRONZE, North Warrandyte, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 3 comments

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
Never take life seriously. Nobody get

First off I just want to say well done. This topic is close to my heart and still very unknown around the world today.. I am currently writing a story for school based on the same theme of child soldiers and was wondering if I could perhaps use part of it in there...of course with your permission as well as your name mentioned.

Well done.

DiceBaby GOLD said...
on Jul. 1 2010 at 12:29 am
DiceBaby GOLD, Hartford, Connecticut

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn

wow there are very few peoms i read that can actually make me cry but this did it

ninjerr said...
on Jun. 27 2010 at 5:04 am
Wow. That is an amazing poem. Touched my heart. That is definatly going to make me think about these kids when i winge about not being able to eat junk food.

on Jun. 27 2010 at 1:45 am
SerenityMine BRONZE, Not Saying, California
Love this!!

kms777 GOLD said...
kms777 GOLD, Winn, Michigan

"learn from your mistakes but regret not a thing"

wow!!! incredible!!!! exspecially the last line. it makes you think. which is a great way to end it. i hope youll read some of mine so you can help me with my endings too.