Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

LoveTravelTell said...
Reminds me of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah. So disgustingly honest and terrible. Truly hard to comprehend. I don't understand how there can be so many bad bad people.

Div5ya said...
Aug. 14, 2010 at 8:58 am
i just luved ur poem...u've expressed something great...

lalala :) said...

wow this is great true i just finish watching a movies were kids have to kill and they don't got a choice -____-

its base on a real story and now i read this its true our world is ruin my wars. and kids suffer thats not good. i love your writting.

brown.sugar said...
oh please check out my poetry

Lucy(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:21 am
the way you sculpted your feeling was so deep, you deserve to have the #1 poem. its true that children sufferand are turned into robots because thats how they are raised, and many americans just ignore it. its a scary world, but its mazing you caught the attention to so many teen ink readerss =) great job.

brown.sugar replied...
this poem ws very touching. it touched my heart. it also shows others who gets upset because there phone was taking away or they cant go shopping or to the movies etc. what it feels like to not have something or to go through what them poor little childrengo through

dark mistress said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:29 am
your poem is absolutely amazing its very deep im new to this site but your poem has inspired me i write poems too you can check out mine if you want

world_peace said...
wow, i really loved all the power and passion you put into this piece of work... it left me speecheless of how great it was. i just love it, brings out a really good realization to many kids that are ungreatful with the life their living when it's nothing bad compared to these CHILD SOLDIERS. great work.

secretdancer22 replied...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:02 am
this poem is amazing keep up the good work!!check out some of my work :)

basketballl123 said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 1:57 am
this is lovely

Thrush said...
Aww, so sad and true.

Renee D. said...
aw this is just so beautiful! <333

JohnnyDeppLover123 said...
BRAVO! i feel all teary now....awesome job! =)

lovetowriteandwatchTV said...

wow tough stuff, good job though, i especially like the ending starting with 'The eyes are deep brown.'

if you read this can you read some of my stories, thanks :))

fireflynight said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 11:58 am
This is some intense stuff...I admire how this is written, though. It's really sad how children have to see this kind of stuff. :( They don't really understand it, but they know it's bad, and it hurts them inside.

tianaxbiddy said...
Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:36 am
it is an amazing peice. i read it and it almost brought a tear to my eyes because this is something thats happenin and i have met ppl who dont care "it is theway of life" or "they chosse this" i have been told................... the sad truth is they r too young to kno

KristaCarlynnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:38 am
I wish to become a doctor and as part of the program, i have to leave for 2 months and go to help in Africa. My cuzzin has already gone and came back last year, she has explained it in many ways, but sometimes, i don't think i can stand the grief of loosing patients so young of age to such horrible diseases that they shouldn't even have to worry about.

Kanchana said...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 4:00 am

First off I just want to say well done. This topic is close to my heart and still very unknown around the world today.. I am currently writing a story for school based on the same theme of child soldiers and was wondering if I could perhaps use part of it in there...of course with your permission as well as your name mentioned.

Well done.

DiceBaby said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:29 am
wow there are very few peoms i read that can actually make me cry but this did it

ninjerr said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:04 am
Wow. That is an amazing poem. Touched my heart. That is definatly going to make me think about these kids when i winge about not being able to eat junk food.