Child Soldiers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Their eyes tell silent stories.
Stories that would shock even the darkest of hearts.
These eyes have seen worse than some could even dream of.
They’ve seen killing and death, and pain and suffering to extents that can be hard to imagine.
Eyes that should be learning how to read are instead being taught how to fight.
Emotionless eyes are being forced to kill in gruesome ways.
Eyes that seem to have run out of tears, because crying never helped.
Their sobs are unheard, their tears are unseen.
Children who are innocent are being ruined by men who see no hope in their government.
Men who are willing to take advantage of an irreplaceable innocence.
The eyes are deep brown.
A brown so deep you could get lost in it.
Eyes that catch attention for their beauty.
They silently tell of innocence lost and of silent tears cried.
These are the eyes of a child soldier.

Soccergirl15 said...
This poem is great. It was very touching

Brina said...
This is so sad. It is so true though. i guess that that is what makes it so upsetting for people to here.

lil_shay said...
your writing is so deep it made me wont to cry keep it up

Jenni said...
you inspire me, your writing is beautiful, you touched me!

TimmothyMark said...
Oct. 15, 2010 at 6:56 am
Good job with this. Reminds me of all the 12,000 plus child soliders that are forced to fight for a government that hates them in Burma (Union of Myanmar).

7Ariel7 said...

great job. touching... you write like my friend tab

SaMiLoVe97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 9:40 am

I love this. Its very touching. Great job(:

<3 Sami

miss.snw said...
This touches a very intimate place for some people. Means a lot and cuts so deep. Fantastic writing.

theatercamper1212 said...
Really Good. Keep writing. I wish this wasn't true but it is and it is also very sad what some children have to go through

oriink said...
Sept. 1, 2010 at 7:48 am
Although this is so very true, i wish it wasn't. I wish that it were all fake and no child had ever been put through this. Who would have ever imagined doing that to someone who is still underdeveloped? I hope one day we can soon help this situation become less common. You are one of the few who use your talents to grab attention of the current issues, be proud of this! Moreover, Beautifully crafted, i wish you nothing but happiness.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
jk, but some mini hero in my town did

LaliBoo said...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:59 am
OMG I'm glad someone feel s the same way as I do. Not much people know this facts and its really sad

LoveTravelTell said...
Reminds me of A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah. So disgustingly honest and terrible. Truly hard to comprehend. I don't understand how there can be so many bad bad people.

Div5ya said...
Aug. 14, 2010 at 8:58 am
i just luved ur poem...u've expressed something great...

lalala :) said...

wow this is great true i just finish watching a movies were kids have to kill and they don't got a choice -____-

its base on a real story and now i read this its true our world is ruin my wars. and kids suffer thats not good. i love your writting.

brown.sugar said...
oh please check out my poetry

Lucy(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:21 am
the way you sculpted your feeling was so deep, you deserve to have the #1 poem. its true that children sufferand are turned into robots because thats how they are raised, and many americans just ignore it. its a scary world, but its mazing you caught the attention to so many teen ink readerss =) great job.

brown.sugar replied...
this poem ws very touching. it touched my heart. it also shows others who gets upset because there phone was taking away or they cant go shopping or to the movies etc. what it feels like to not have something or to go through what them poor little childrengo through

dark mistress said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:29 am
your poem is absolutely amazing its very deep im new to this site but your poem has inspired me i write poems too you can check out mine if you want

world_peace said...
wow, i really loved all the power and passion you put into this piece of work... it left me speecheless of how great it was. i just love it, brings out a really good realization to many kids that are ungreatful with the life their living when it's nothing bad compared to these CHILD SOLDIERS. great work.