Emotionless (Thanks Dad) | Teen Ink

Emotionless (Thanks Dad)

By AyCee94 BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
AyCee94 BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia

In life people will disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with those people, because hate in your heart will consume you too.

Why should I go and honor you and your new life? I don't want to know you anymore, or your wife. One summer morning I fell to my knees, realizing you don't care anymore, explanation please? Wait, I don't need one; I know you just never did. You had me believing you were my hero, when I was only a kid. Oh, I was so young, so naive. Before I knew it, the only thing I wanted was you to leave. You not only broke hearts, you broke a promise. My scars will heal, you don't have any 'cause you don't feel. I'm sorry that you don't know what love is, or how to for that matter. I once saw you as the one at the top, now you can climb down that ladder. Carry on as you wish, no one's stopping you; but keep in mind the truth, you're a worthless fool. Every little thing was nothing but a lie, my last words are...goodbye.

I wrote this poem in my Creative Writing class, and what inspired me to write this was basically having many thoughts about my dad at the moment; He quickly, mindlessly, got re-married after the divorce between my parents, and he expects me to honor him. I had to jot down everything on my mind about him and my emotions towards him.