Emotionless (Thanks Dad) | Teen Ink

Emotionless (Thanks Dad)

October 12, 2011
By AyCee94 BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
AyCee94 BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
In life people will disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with those people, because hate in your heart will consume you too.


Why should I go and honor you and your new life? I don't want to know you anymore, or your wife. One summer morning I fell to my knees, realizing you don't care anymore, explanation please? Wait, I don't need one; I know you just never did. You had me believing you were my hero, when I was only a kid. Oh, I was so young, so naive. Before I knew it, the only thing I wanted was you to leave. You not only broke hearts, you broke a promise. My scars will heal, you don't have any 'cause you don't feel. I'm sorry that you don't know what love is, or how to for that matter. I once saw you as the one at the top, now you can climb down that ladder. Carry on as you wish, no one's stopping you; but keep in mind the truth, you're a worthless fool. Every little thing was nothing but a lie, my last words are...goodbye.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem in my Creative Writing class, and what inspired me to write this was basically having many thoughts about my dad at the moment; He quickly, mindlessly, got re-married after the divorce between my parents, and he expects me to honor him. I had to jot down everything on my mind about him and my emotions towards him.