The Causes and effects of Obesity | Teen Ink

The Causes and effects of Obesity

By caynon roussell BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana
caynon roussell BRONZE, Marrero, Louisiana

One word that most people should hate to hear from a doctor is obese. Between 16 and 33 percent of people are obese. In this essay, I will tell you the causes and the effects of obesity.

Some causes of obesity is having a poor diet which means eating a lot of fatty, fried, and fast foods. By eating these types of food, you begin to gain weight and eat more than you should. After eating all the wrong types of food, you start to get lazy and then you don’t want to exercise.

Some effects of obesity is getting diabetes which means you have to take medication or stick yourself with needles that are filled with insulin. As a result, you can get high blood presure and have a stroke. Obesity can also kill you.

About 300,000 people die from being obese. Adults should stay active because 13 to 35 percent of adults are obese. Children should exercise at least 60 minutes a day because 12 percent of kids ages 2-5 and 17 percent ages 6-19 are obese.

In conclusion, a person should always have a well balanced diet and lots of exercise, because it will hopefully help you to live for many,many years.