I am From | Teen Ink

I am From

By NickGolder BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
NickGolder BRONZE, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

how is the sky the limit when there are foot prints on the moon

I am from the stupidity of driving through a wooden planked fence drunk on a frozen lake and the family that doesn’t think before they try something really stupid like jumping a garbage can and flipping over the handlebars and breaking there collar bone after they land.
I am from the family with family pictures lining along the living room wall and the family that will always care for their animals as if they were a human to.
I am from a family of toothpicks that can’t go to sleep at night without 3 blankets and a space heater blowing on me and the family that will give you to the count of three to do what you were asked before you get a spanking and a 5 minute timeout in the corner of the big white house.
I am from Red granite, Oshkosh, Neenah, Appleton, Berlin, Menasha, Columbus, a family of adventure moving almost every year in a half to either a new school or a new town.
I am from the old white house with a forest full of discoveries that I could find when I would adventure it in my backyard.
I am from the smell of roast cooking in the slow cooker for a feast every night.
I am from the T.V. that plays 24/7 on the soap channel watching days of our lives in the living room.
I am from brand new video games the second they hit shelf and the online world of black ops spending all my free time gaming, eating junk food and, drinking soda.
I am from a life of extreme sports and dressing different than most preferring the more punk look then prep look wearing Element, Zero, 4 season’s, Enjoi, Plan B, etc. And not American eagle, Aeropostale, and Abercrombie with nothing to lose and always go big.
I am from the ginormous swimming pool with a diving board at my grandma’s double set trailer house in Florida whenever I could get the chance.