Fly high love. | Teen Ink

Fly high love.

By Alegra BRONZE, Nairobi, Other
Alegra BRONZE, Nairobi, Other

If you can trust yourself when others are doubting you but give an allowance for their doubt then you will be worthy and most of all you will be a lady, my daughter. (original was a man,my son) Rudyard Kipling

My heart is weak but my mind is strong and that's the reason why i cant love you. You want to love me but i don't let you because I am afraid. And you wonder how can such an intelligent person be afraid of loving. It is because I never felt love. I know emptiness, anger,bitterness and pain as love. My heart is cold like frozen chocolate that's why i can't love you. I feel tears welling up in my eyes but i don't let them fall, its a sign of weakness. I want to see a strong me not a weak me. i don't want to be vulnerable because ill be weak and weak people don't survive in this world. Teach me how to love you so much that i will let you fly even when i can't breathe when you are not next to me. Teach me how to lean on your shoulder when I am suffocating and i don't want to seem vulnerable. teach me how to look into your eyes and feel love for you and only you. I will pay attention as you teach and maybe finally I will have found a savior to save my soul. Save me if you are courageous enough and worthy of my love.

Shmelmo GOLD said...
Shmelmo GOLD, Elma, Iowa

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

I really like the meaning of this poem. It's very deep and relatable. I would have to agree though, that it would be better in poem form... nice work...keep it up :)

FangPoet DIAMOND, Wichita, Kansas

"I am yours as long as you are mine."

"Teenagers are in the forest of bad ideas an hormones."

"Your everything i want but nothing i need."
"I hate you so much ... i love you".

"Its the ugliest cute thing ever"!

"Everything is cute in its own way

In love the paradox occurs that two beings become one and yet remain two. - Erich Fromm

I did like it but I think you should have put it in poem format. Makes it feel more like a poem rather then reading a paragraph. But over all it was very passionate,ang this was something i could relate to.