Somehow | Teen Ink

Somehow

Why don't I hate you right now? I shouldn't want to speak with you. I should be cringing at the very thought of you. But, somehow, I can't get the taste of your lips out of my mouth, even though it has been months since I've last felt their passionate tenderness. Somehow, I can't forget your soft, soothing voice, even though our last words were harsh and unbearable. Somehow, I can't get your piercing blue eyes, or strong, graceful hands, out of my longing thoughts, even though those are the very thoughts that haunt me. Somehow, the very thought of you makes my heart race, even though that same heart was torn into a million pieces and stomped into the ground by your doing. They say "when one door closes, another one opens." Well, somehow, after our door shut, all I saw was complete darkness. No opening ahead. But, when I looked back at the door that mocked my life, I noticed it wasn't closed. One small sliver of light sliced through the darkness. And, if I try hard enough, my world will be bright again. I've gotta try and open that door.
Somehow...

Everybody has those moments when they feel like giving up. But if you look hard enough, there is always hope.