Ask Me What Hurts the Most | Teen Ink

Ask Me What Hurts the Most

Ask me what hurts the most? The fact that I can barely strain to feel him, and worse he can’t tell when I try to touch him. I feel like I’m loosing him and it’s cutting like the blades I’ve tested. I know he cares, but he seems too involved, with the other ones. They all beg for his attention, plead for his touch. Some feel it some don’t. He holds strong and tight, making it all alright. Problem is he only sees that they “need him” but never me. I need him so bad now; but I just can’t reach him. These thoughts; his new ways. Maybe it’s just me, but he doesn’t seem to notice what he used to. More than ever now I find myself faking a smile, even to him. I’m dying inside, but he seems to not see. Outside appearances can be deceiving, but I thought he’d known me better. What do I do? These tears are dropping like bombs, bombs he can no longer hear. I’m crying and screaming inside for him to just hear, to ask, to care. Come back, so we can be how we used to be. I’m begging, I love you. Now I need you… don’t you see? Or am I no longer enough?