Change

I feel a gentle breeze on my face
as I quietly survey this place
so much has happened here
over the last few years
so much has changed
and yet this place is still the same.

It's like time vanished into thin air
I search for the times I knew
but I can't find them anywhere.

It seems like it was just yesterday
when we laughed and played
but now those days are gone
I am here alone, remembering and wondering
what will happen now
I feel as if I'm dreaming...

EvetteT said...
Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:45 am:
  I can actually relate to this. Longing for things to return to the way they were.  Nice work, Keep writing!!!

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey everyone, it's been a while so I don't know if this will show up in your notifications, but please go and check out some of my new work, like "Different this Time," and "Summer Bliss."  In return, I will check out some of yours! feedback for feedback! merry christmas and thanks for all of your support:)

LittleMissLostInParadiseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very touching, great job!

I_Love_To_Write said...
Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:52 am:
This is so good!! Your rhyme is just awesome  

SoulPoetry said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:42 pm:
i really enjoyed this poem i love the emotion :) you should post more of your work  

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:13 pm :
Hi SoulPoetry, thank you! I want to but I haven't been writing as much as I should so my work is rusty. I like your username!

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:20 pm :
Hey Soulpoetry, please check out my new poems "different this time," "nightmare," or "summer bliss." I'll check out the work you'd like me to see too!

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:51 am:
Thank you everyone! It means alot! :) 

shy girl said...
Love it! I am going to post some on my blog that I wrote. They arn't proffesional like yours. lol. I will send you an email soon.

ams98 said...
Sept. 2, 2011 at 10:15 am:
Its REALLY prettyt:) I LOVE IT!! keep writing because you have a real gift:)

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:37 am:
Nce job, the only thing is....I want more! But seriously, you did a great job. And since you only have one piece here, you can just look at my "Posthumous" piece instead of both the ones asked earlier

Rayne said...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:02 am:
I like it, but it is a bit short. Could use more detail and more to the store. But I like the feeling, I can relate!   

DeusExMachina said...
Aug. 28, 2011 at 10:24 am:
Nice job! like thetruthawaits said, you really convey to your reader that there is so much more to the story of the poem. It keeps the reader interested, which is always awesome! Great job!

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I feel like there is so much more to the story. It definitely leaves me wondering what all it is, which is a good thing. I think you left yourself open to expanding the poem, which you could do but isn't necessary! This was great. I loved the way it flowed. i don't know if i like that the last line doesn't fit or if i don't like it. I think you could end it in a better way, it feels like it ends a bit suddenly. i really loved reading this honestly! :) hopefully you'll post more so that i can rea... (more »)

Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:19 pm :
Hey, thanks for your feedback! Please check out some of my new work, such as "Different This Time," and "Nightmare." In return, I will check out some of yours:)

msn9896 said...
I really liked the rythym of it :)

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27, 2011 at 12:19 am:
"I feel as if I'm dreaming..." totally doesn't feel like it belongs in the poem- which is perfect! It wakes you up.

MagicMan2011 said...
Great Job! This is a great poem. keep writing

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
The poem is good and as relateable as it is. Kudos on the similes nd keep writing... :)

ChocoMint said...
Wonderful word choice! You can definitely feel the way the person expresses toward the situation. They have a feeling of  sadness because of change, but also the acceptance of it happening.  Good work!