Brooklyn GIrl | Teen Ink

Brooklyn GIrl

By Zaheen BRONZE, Sydney, Other
Zaheen BRONZE, Sydney, Other

Life is what you make of it.

See me,
Under all the caked tears
The bleeding mascara, the smeared lipstick stains
That lie on your lips which spoke the words that saved my life on this day one year ago.
Judgment on the Brooklyn bridge when its raining, without the caked tears, bleeding mascara or speared lipstick stains
You saw me for who I am, a f---ed up demented schizophrenic depressed emo, dark-skinned, flat chested, unknown, unloved, unwanted brooklyn girl.
Without a care in the world
Tiptoeing on the brooklyn bridge
Every crack, every dent, every sand particle was felt with the sole of my feet, as every emotion, every tear, every locked feeling inside me was felt by you.
The naseauting ,touch of your hand unlocked every emotion memory that was deep inside me and I felt free.

She didn't want me, she left me on the brooklyn bridge.
He didn't need me, he left me on the brooklyn bridge.
THey couldn't stand me, they left me at the coffee shop, next to the brooklyn bridge.
I couldn't tolerate me, I left myself, hanging by the thread of my finger, on the brooklyn bridge.
Vulnerable to every particle, every atom of impact from the wind of society.

Naked, chaffed, amputated, by the wind of society. I am paralyzed by the war and explosion of emotions in my mind. A war against fidelity to ones self, and love to the tornadoes of life.

Why aren't you saving me.

Only first name if published please.
It's not really about me. It's inspired by someone I know. THey're taling to themselves as they are standing on the bridge, and wondering why they aren't sving themselves this time.