I'm not these other girls | Teen Ink

I'm not these other girls

July 8, 2011
By jpoet BRONZE, Rowlett, Texas
jpoet BRONZE, Rowlett, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
a substitute player can never play a real player's championship game.
-jpoet-


I’m not these other girls; I’m not going to jump up and down just because you want to see me.
I’m not these other girls; I’m not going to fall in love with you just because you say you like me.
I’m not these other girls; I’m not eagered to be with no boy who feels he has the balls to be a man.
I’m not these other girl; it takes more than three words to get me on my back…
It takes a life-long commitment followed by a ring…(better believe it).
I’m not these other girls; It takes more than streets smarts and a player’s manual to get my legs to open for you(because that’s just simply not me).
But I am the girl you wish you wanted. I am the girl you wish you can have. I am the girl you wish you needed.
Most of all I’m the girl you wish you can turn into “that other girl”.

The author's comments:
I wrote this poem so it can hopefully enlighten other young girls/ladies to be who they are other than being who some boy wants them to be. A young lady do not have to change who she is just please anyone else. Nor does she have to do anything she doesn’t want to do. I just hope and pray that one day these young girls/ladies (including myself) choose to be up-standers and influencers instead of being the influenced and put-down young girls/ladies that our society is portraying us to be. We hold all the power in our hands. Not to put down the young boys/men but they cannot do anything without our say-so.