Love or Hate | Teen Ink

Love or Hate

July 13, 2011
By plexilou SILVER, Placerville, California
plexilou SILVER, Placerville, California
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together


Love or Hate?
If you were to go around, and ask people that you know…and even the people you don’t know, “which is stronger love or hate?” what do you think they’d say?

Would they say love? If so, why? Maybe they would choose love because love can do miracles…such as saving a life or saving lives. Everyday a mother will tell her child that she loves them. To me, knowing that someone loves me, makes me hopefull, like I actually have a chance.

It’s hate that occasionally gets in and screws up your brain. Hate is fooling you. it is making you think that people don’t love you when they really do. Hate is the sorrowful regret a person feels everyday. Maybe the person made a tragic mistake, but once hate crawls in and gets intertwined with your body as a whole, you can’t make it leave. Hate is like the pitiful remorse of a person in dyer need of help.

Both love and hate are strong and powerful weapons, but the real question is, “which is more powerful?”

If you were to go around and ask people that you know…and even the people you don’t know, “which is stronger, love or hate?” what do you think they’d say? What would you say?


The author's comments:
In the world that we live in, no one can really answer if love is greater than hate, or if hate is greater than love. so why not describe them both and then decide?