I Live in Music | Teen Ink

I Live in Music

I live in music. Music is apart of my heart and my voice. With every word I sing I tell the story of my soul, my heart ach, my laughter, and my sorrow. I’m kept together by lyrics. Sewn by the tiny threads of melody which keep me together, so I won’t fall apart. I’m glued at the cracks by harmony and piano notes. Music is a companion, a partner that won’t give up hope, and won’t stop till you tell it to. I’m stitched together by guitar strings that tie me together so tight that falling won’t ever be an option. Music makes my heart beat to a speed that I never knew existed. I can hear the music in me and it’s playing louder than expected.

Lucky said...
on Aug. 17 2008 at 12:53 am
WOW! It seems to me that you are very inspired by music and that it is a big part of your life. Keep on doing what your doing. I cant wait to read more of your WONDERFUL poems. <3

POP POP said...
on Aug. 14 2008 at 6:53 am
It sounds to me like music is very much a part of her.As long as she keeps singing she'll be ok.

The writer did a great job describing her feelings.

nana said...
on Aug. 14 2008 at 6:37 am
I think this poem is beautiful.The writer has such a passion for music..I could feel her emotions.

I would love to read more of her poems.