Goodbye for Good | Teen Ink

Goodbye for Good

After everything I did for you. After all the times I let you cry on my shoulder without even spending a second thinking about me. After all the times I sunk to the floor to pick you up and put you back together again. After all the mean and hurtful things you said to me. After all the times you said “I love you.” After all the times you told me that you wanted to be with me forever. After all the times you said that no one would ever mean as much to you as I do. After all the times you promised you would love me forever.
After all you lied.

I don’t need your selfish ways. I don’t need the way you never thought of me first. I don’t need the way you tried to blame me for everything that went wrong with us. I don’t need a guy that never says sorry. I don’t need someone that will just drag me down with them. I don’t need someone that can’t admit their mistakes. I don’t need someone that requires me to fix myself.
I don’t need you anymore.

Thank you for teaching me to love myself. Thank you for teaching me to do what’s best for me even if means putting others behind. Thank you for helping me to realize that I don’t need someone to make me happy. Thank you for teaching me to take people for who they are, not how they could be. Thank you for teaching me to take risks. Thank you for teaching me to say everything I need to before it’s too late.

Thank you for teaching me that I don’t need you.

I want the best for you and nothing less. I want you to learn from this. I want you to never make the same mistake twice. I want you to love again like you loved me. I want you to accept nothing less than the best. I want you to never quit again. I want you to grow up. I want you to hurt the way you’ve made me hurt. I want you to think of someone other than yourself for once. I want you to forget about me, but not what we once had. I want you to walk away and never look back. I want you to never regret because I don’t. I want you to get over yourself. I want you to stop hurting me.
I want to forget you.
This is me telling you how I feel. This is me showing you that I’ll always care. This is me getting my closure. This is me without you. This is me getting rid of the hurt and pain you’ve caused me. This is me doing what’s right for me. This is me doing what I should have so long ago. This is me letting go. This is me removing you from my life. This is me better off. This is me happy.
This is my goodbye for good.