Blinded Love | Teen Ink

Blinded Love

July 3, 2011
By Anonymous

I have only met you once, and that was the first time in my life that I cried. I always knew you were there, and I searched until my legs couldn’t walk anymore. Then I had found you. At that moment you became my everything, and then you were ripped from my life. I cried even harder because I was left with no one. Why was our union cut so abruptly? Why can’t I stay with you, and you with I. You were the only person I loved without even seeing once. I want to take my anger out on something or someone, but it’s no one’s fault. . . It just happened without warning, and it sent me deeper in the water that had already numbed my trust. Every time I try to reach you the waters of my depression seep higher and higher, soon to take me under, but I can’t help it. I need to be with you. I can’t be without you, so why? . . . Why can’t I?! Why am I chained to this hell we call Earth?! When we met, we vowed nothing would ever split us apart. . . So why? . . . You said everything would be alright the day you left and didn’t come back, so why?. . . But now. . . I see. . . As long as I know you’re okay, then I’m okay. I know you’re alright where you are, and I also know. . . I know for sure. . . That one day the walls that separate us will be broken. . . And we will meet again.


The author's comments:
I had the sudden urge to write, and this is what i wrote.