The colors of forever

They see nothing
Their eyes are glazed
With the light of computer screens
[a web worthy of Shelob herself]
Ears stopped with the cries from within.

Jaunty caps
[black as one perched on a speaker]
And sour complaints.

Blue and white are the colors of the day
[could they be the colors of forever?]

I too am stained
Poisoned,
Tied-up and strung
[like the strings attached to friend's hearts, but worse[

But am I? Are they?
[is this all there is for me?]

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 8:03 am
I love this poem! I like abstract ones, but a lot of times,but a lot of times, itsq just an poet slapping down a bunch of gobbledygook XD but yours is good

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Haha, gobbledygook XD I wrote this as a sort of commentary on social media :) As always, thank you for commenting, it is forever a pleasure :)

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful. I love the brackets. If I were to read this out loud I would get somebody to help me and one of us would read most of the poem and the other would read the bracketed parts.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
That would be really cool! Thank you very much for your comments and insight :)

Adeline915 said...
wow that was very... abstract. but in a good way :) it left me speechless and confused (haha confusion again!) like thesilentraven, I was going to ask for you to explain, but I feel like that would take away from the essence of perspective of the poem. good job, i like it :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Thank you, Adeline, I'm glad you liked it :) 

I think it's funny that you guys are all confused and mystified by it, but are cautious about asking for the explanation, thinking that would break the mystery of it all somehow :) (It probably would, BTW XD )

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 7:58 am
I just loove the first stanza of your poem. And you have written the poem very well. Good job star girl. Namaste.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:16 am
Thankee very much, Dove dear!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
At last; this is an extraordinary way to embrace your inner strangeness! My first instinct is to ask for clarification, but if I did, would that not dissolve the attractive mystery of the poem? It leaves me mentally thirsty, but in a good way, because that's what makes me descend deep down inside it, only to emerge with a greater mind. Well done, Stargirl, well done!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:33 am

I am afraid that it would dissolve, the secret bhind it is not so secretive, though it doesn't make it any less mysterious or transparent in my opinion.

Thank you for your words, weaver, their complexity and eloquence drinks well.

Aderes18 said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 1:54 am

I like this. It's cool. :)

There's a lot of mixed messages.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Yeah. I'm glad you like it :) Thanks for the comment.