The Angel of the Wild Monastery

He giggles at monstrosity
He ridicules the crown
He makes the raindrops hesitate
When they ponder falling down

He stalks the very timid
He runs away from love
His servant is the madman
His messenger the dove

When he speaks unto the garden
Each rose becomes his friend
When he speak unto the people
They lose their petals in the wind

Passion is always still for him
And reason is a flame
So neither philanderer nor scientist
Will ever know his name

His words are made of velvet
He wears a thousand eyes
His wings are made of music
They warble as they rise

He whispered into the ear of Frost,
Who began to drop his pen,
That the world which he spoke of
Will have a dual end

They mention him in rituals
His heart’s the trembling beat
He smiles from the harvest moon
While the farmer cuts his wheat

His sang sweetly in the Beginning
To the rising of the Light
He’ll dance fiercely in the very End
To mingle Day and Night

He has lunched with all the spirits
And parented a seer
His identity is rather vague
But that’s the world, my dear

leafy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 22, 2011 at 10:24 am
You don't have many huge fans? Raven, you must truly not understand your popularity. Yet again, I am astounded and speechless at your words.

Aderes18 said...

This poem is extremely exquistie. Love it,love it, LOVE IT!

I;m becoming a huge fan of yours. :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Ah, I'm honored by your enthusiasm, and I'm tempted to respond in all caps to match your high energy level.

Oh thank goodness. I don't have many huge fans.

Aderes18 replied...
You do now! :)

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 4:26 am
Your friend is very interesting raven... I think that your friend is very intelligent to keep away from the most dangerous and the so called" civilised" ANIMALS... But can you explain what exactly does 'that the world .... dual end' mean. Ofcourse if you do not mind..

I'm in complete agreement, and I'm very glad to know him. :)

That stanza was quite vague, which I didn't realize till now. To answer your question, I will ask you to read Robert Frost's poem 'Fire and Ice.'

IamtheshyStargirl said...
A pleasure to meet thee, man-in-the-poem. You sound fey, almost Pan-like. There seems to be a certain savoriness in your hazy description.

I'm certain that you and the Angel of the Wild Monastery would get along rather well. He would really enjoying peering into your eyes and seeing the constellations spinning around in their depths. You would, I hope, enjoying being possessed by what is whimsical beyond belief.

Now (both to draw your attention away from the two typos in my previous comment and to better understand the iridescent substance which is your visual personality), I will say this:

You listen to George Winston? Incredible! I never thought I'd know another teenager who could appreciate his beautiful piano music. And Glen Hansard? He's the man! And he was great in ONCE. His voice is so very powerful.

And, my goodness, you've seen 'Dan in Real Life?' I can't possibly describe how much I liked that, how happy and sad it made me.

I'll forget all attempts at eloquence to note: you're awesome. :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Sometimes I really think that these teenink profiles are not big enough at all :)

Once is one of my all-time favorite movies, and, funny enough, I discovered the sound track before I even knew that the movie existed. That's how I fell in love with it. I discover music in the funniest ways, or at least, I used to. I need to stop listening to Pandora radio so much... I love George Winston so much that I just had to introdue him to my piano-playing friend, I hold both of them in equal reg... (more »)

I know what you mean; the best music comes in unexpected ways, I think. Ah, Leonard Cohen. "There are heroes in the seaweed; there are children in the morning. They are leaning out for love, and they will lean that way forever, while Suzanne holds the mirror." Give the poet an old guitar and a passionate voice and you will have Leonard Cohen.

savetheplanet replied...
OMIGOD Thesilentraven you are so GOOD.  I mean WOW.  First it was the article and now this.  Totally a fan :D  I'm nowhere near this level.

Aug. 9, 2011 at 11:24 am

Oh, well (blushing and shufflin my feet), I don't know what to say to that.

I'd disagree about being on different levels. I like to think poets are all on the same plane of talent; they just express it in different ways. :)

savetheplanet replied...
You're just so sweet to everyone and humble :D