Why did you have to go?

why did you have to go?
the tears fall from my face.
why did you have to go?
no one can take your place.
why did you have to go?
and leave us behind.
i hoped you'd stay and forever be mine.
i will love you til the ends of the earth.
so save me a seat on gods turf.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:43 am
This peom is good but it needs work. First, you need to capitalize the first letter each sentance. And in the second to last line I think it should be "I will love you 'til the ends of time." 'til needs an apostriphie and I think time helps the flow a little bit, but that part's just my personal opinion. I really liked the repition of the "Why did you have to go?" and you really put a lot of feeling into your peoms. I like that. Keep going.

JLEIGH96 said...
Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:12 am
Thanks I appreciate that you took the time to reply and tell me that. Sorry it took so long to reply. I just now found who I am.  

Annie.C said...

Well... to tell you the truth... I only read this because you had commented on my photo and I thought I'd return the favor... But I totally loved it!

My friend died last year and I've written a lot of poems about it... You put so much thought and feeling into this poem that it felt like it could have been mine, it was so real.

nice job!

JLEIGH96 said...
Please any comments will be carefully considered. :)