Daddy's Little Girl

Eliza sits in the back of the class,
Tear stained eyes,
And hand prints on her throat.
She is covering her bruises with bruises,
Doesn’t even know why she’s the ridicule of abuse,
Doesn’t know her skin color, because it was lost in black and blue,
From her father, But I guess since her father is always drunk,
And her mother’s too high in the kitchen, to ever come down, and talk to her, that she becomes her father’s punching bag.
And she just wishes it would stop, and she could go back to holding his hand, because she desperately misses being
Daddy’s little girl.
But the abuse just comes and comes,
And she can’t make it stop because he is a grown man and she’s still his little girl
But she is growing into a woman, and he knows this,
And he won’t allow her because she will tower,
And he won’t have control over that girl he once called his princess,
Who he promised jewels and a throne, he never said those jewels would be black eyes and the throne was her bed which he laid with her at night, while her mother was dealing dope, In the kitchen, thinking it was nothing wrong as she ignored her daughter scream out at his command, I am
Daddy’s little girl
He felt her, touched her, he molested his own daughter and listened to her screams echo off the walls and enter his ears and give him a turn on, and times like this when she had enough and brain possibly can’t function with what happened, she thinks back to when she ran to her father and not away, when she was
Daddy’s little girl
Today Eliza sits in the back of the class,
Hood over head, red eyes, bruises no longer bruises but scars.
She was called names, by that of her father, she couldn't control, and never tried to bother. She took the names and the hate with it too, all out of love of being,
Daddy’s little girl.
She told me, how she was full of rage, the home was not a place, and it always seemed dazed...she said to me that death was near, she didn't say for who, but you could tell by the tears.
Eliza died bringing life into the world.
The father picked up his child and granddaughter, and said to her,
You know what?
You’re Daddy’s little girl.

HannSawyer15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This SCREAMS spoken word! And I loved every single bit of it. So much emotion. Great great GREAT job! Love it!

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you a lot.! It means the world to me, it is spoken word.

TwasBrilling said...
Wow! You put alot of emotion into this...particuarly for the fact that it is fiction. 

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you. I really worked hard on this piece.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wait. is this a happy ending or a terrible ending. I could interpret it two ways. 1. the father is a different man that eliza fell in love with and is truly going to show Real love to the baby or 2. the father is eliza's father and he's going to do the same things to this child that he did to eliza. I HAVE to know. I have read this before. I don't know why i did not leave a comment, I though i already had! boy, am i glad that this is fiction. I never want to think this stuff is real, even though... (more »)

Dark_Mind replied...
Its the second way...He is eliza's father and is going to do the same thing to the baby...It is a really sad poem.

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 12:44 am
No way! Oh my gosh. You just broke my heart. :(

JerseyGirl716 replied...
Oh my god! Ugh, I pretty much want to cry... that's how you know you did a great job with the poem, though. The emotion is POWERFUL. Awesome, great job!

Dark_Mind replied...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 7:38 am
Thank you so much.

. said...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 8:31 am
this is so beautiful yet so tragic i felt tears n i dont even cry... the ending was so sad! XO you have a great talent n r an amazing poet I loved this there were no flaws this was absolutely perfect... great work

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you so much.

Mariam.J said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 3:36 am

Wow !

This is amazing stuff . I actually re read it ! :O

I know it's fiction but, you've written it so well, it almost seems real !

I would appreciate if you comment on my work . Born Again - Mariam.J

Thanks (:

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you, sure I'll read it.

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is so powerful. I don't even have words.... Amazing writing skill, and you captured such strong emotions considering it is all fiction. I wrote a poem called "Crying for the Future" (also fiction) about an abusive relationship if you wanna read it. Anyway, amazing job. Please keep writing, you have so much talent. :)

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you. I would love to read it.

alex198 said...
That was amazing and horrifying (and I mean horrifying in a good way). It was so sad and disturbing and your writing is really good to be able to get this. I could barely read it I felt so sorry for Eliza. Well done, this is a really moving poem. :)

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you.

WishfulDoer said...
I'm sorry. I tried to get through the whole poem, but tears pricked my eyes halfway through. I guess that just goes to show how amazingly written it is. (: Great job!

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you so much, it really means a lot to me for you to reply. :)

freeflow23 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:57 am
Woooh! This is so deap. I love it. It really should be published. You should check out my story "But I Know; It's My Secret".

HaleyDRog. said...
Wow, this deserves to be published. I really hope you won that talent show! This is truly inspiring!