Daddy's Little Girl

Eliza sits in the back of the class,
Tear stained eyes,
And hand prints on her throat.
She is covering her bruises with bruises,
Doesn’t even know why she’s the ridicule of abuse,
Doesn’t know her skin color, because it was lost in black and blue,
From her father, But I guess since her father is always drunk,
And her mother’s too high in the kitchen, to ever come down, and talk to her, that she becomes her father’s punching bag.
And she just wishes it would stop, and she could go back to holding his hand, because she desperately misses being
Daddy’s little girl.
But the abuse just comes and comes,
And she can’t make it stop because he is a grown man and she’s still his little girl
But she is growing into a woman, and he knows this,
And he won’t allow her because she will tower,
And he won’t have control over that girl he once called his princess,
Who he promised jewels and a throne, he never said those jewels would be black eyes and the throne was her bed which he laid with her at night, while her mother was dealing dope, In the kitchen, thinking it was nothing wrong as she ignored her daughter scream out at his command, I am
Daddy’s little girl
He felt her, touched her, he molested his own daughter and listened to her screams echo off the walls and enter his ears and give him a turn on, and times like this when she had enough and brain possibly can’t function with what happened, she thinks back to when she ran to her father and not away, when she was
Daddy’s little girl
Today Eliza sits in the back of the class,
Hood over head, red eyes, bruises no longer bruises but scars.
She was called names, by that of her father, she couldn't control, and never tried to bother. She took the names and the hate with it too, all out of love of being,
Daddy’s little girl.
She told me, how she was full of rage, the home was not a place, and it always seemed dazed...she said to me that death was near, she didn't say for who, but you could tell by the tears.
Eliza died bringing life into the world.
The father picked up his child and granddaughter, and said to her,
You know what?
You’re Daddy’s little girl.

BrightBurningCampeadorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The language in this poem is beautiful and emotional, but the lines are so long I wasn't sure if some of the breaks were just the website margins. I'd suggest shorter lines.

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you. Yeah I should shorten the lines. I have one on FB with shorter lines. I just haven't posted it on here yet.

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it, I really enjoyed the emotion. But I feel that I'd be better off if you simplified it... if possible. But that was really good.

Dark_Mind replied...
Thanks. :)

Fallyn said...
wow, this is amazing!! Even though this is fictionous, the emotions in it are so real that the piece itself almost seems to be about something real. It's awesome, you did a great job with it ^^ 

Dark_Mind replied...
Thanks a lot.!!!

. said...
Sad......... but you did a great job 5 stars! Can you comment on my poem You Have Courage I was gonna write on the fourum you posted but it wouldn't let me.

Dark_Mind replied...

Thank you. Umm I found a poem with the same name as yours,  but I don't know if its you since you didn't use your user name.

Regs_the_Shorty replied...
Yeah I know I realized that as soon as I posted the comment and I don't know why I wasn't logged in.... But anyways 5 stars and can you read You Have Courage

secretholder said...
WOW!!!!!! this is amazing u can reallysee the emotion i love it partially b/c 1 of my close friends went throught the same thing with the beatings nd drugs tho it was all her mom, i can truely connect please read mine called secret nd let me kno wut u think tho i only have 1 so far please let me kno nd ill add more

Dark_Mind replied...
Sure thing I'll review...Thank you also.

Kev-Girl said...
Wow! This was amazing! Its so sad, but true! good job on this!

Dark_Mind replied...
Thanks alot.!

Darkness_Concealed said...
This is very sad. But its really good.

lovestruck replied...
i really like this it is really really good it shows so much emotion it does. almost as if the reader can see and feel what was happening. i can relate cause ive went through the same.

Dark_Mind replied...
Thank you, is there anything you want me to review.

MoraleAsh said...
Wow! Oh my gosh the ending was perfect! The content was amazing! Please keep writing. The only thing I found out of place was that the lines were long and it was more of like a story than a poem. Maybe shorter lines next time? And the punctuation was great!

Dark_Mind replied...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:25 am
Thank you.! I'll take that into account.

HannSawyer15 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Uggh! This is just amazing. You have no idea.

This SCREAMS spoken word! And I loved every single bit of it. So much emotion. Great great GREAT job! Love it!