Helpless | Teen Ink

Helpless

May 10, 2011
By Dread GOLD, Cincinnati, Iowa
Dread GOLD, Cincinnati, Iowa
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Men only think of their past right before their death, as if they were searching frantically for proof that they were alive.

Just because I'm giving up , doesn't mean i don't care. It means I'm tired of giving my everything and ending up with nothing.


The passion is gone and my love is lost.
The knife is buried in my back and I turn cold as my body is consumed in frost.
As my eyes turn crimson I start to see the demon beneath your skin.
You told me we would last forever but through blind eyes I couldn’t see the sin.
So now as I sever the threads that link our hearts and when I finish the spell will be broke.
Now I can see that for you this was all a joke.
I rip the knife from my back and wish to embed it deep within your skull, but something whispers in my ear.
These words break my bones and fill me with fear.
I severed the threads, or so I thought.
I rendered myself helpless and couldn’t move no matter how hard I fought.
I swear I’m insane as a new thought forms and it makes me blue.
I know I’m not mistaken and it makes me sick, but the truth is I still love you.