a girl like me

Whenever you are near me
I start to breath quickly
Wondering if you’d ever talk
Instead of leaving at a walk

I want to go up and say hi
But you’re magnetizing eyes
Drawing me in, pulling my close
Yet scaring away, like a ghost

I start to get a little flushed
Trying to talk gives me mumbling blush
It was as if you were calling to me
Staring ahead, tripping on something I don’t see

I guess this was the way it was meant to be
Who would fall for a girl like me?

mmb77 said...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 7:58 am
You're a good writer, and you have a good inspiration, but I didn't like this poem. The flow was off and the grammar was odd. I still think you're a good writer, just refine it and edit. Try reading it to yourself before posting.

CautionwetPaint replied...
Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:32 am
This is the first thing I posted to teenink when I started so there are gonna be a few kinks, and grammar stuff. But thanks, and thanks for your input. 

Clear_Skies said...
This is good! Grammar's a bit off in two places, but other than that, it hasn't got any mistakes. Good job! And if someone doesn't like you, it's their problem. They aren't worth it. Keep writing!

CautionwetPaint replied...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 9:57 am
Thanks so much! 

Alon_Freevoice said...
in the 2nd paragraph, the you're should be your... my close should be me close..
other than that, this is good.. sometimes, i wonder if there is really someone who would like me for me...

Horsebackrider21225 replied...
Thanks, I have horrible grammar that I NEED to work on. and Ikr, my last two crushes made fun of me, that's where the poem came from.

Alon_Freevoice replied...
That must have really hurt/su.ck

Horsebackrider21225 replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:13 am
Yeah, but its cool, I'm over it. It all happened a WHILE ago, this is a poem I dug up out of a journal I used to keep. I figured I'd post it and see what people thought. but anyway so glad u liked it :)

Horsebackrider21225 replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 11:14 am
By the way, I'm sure there's someone out there who will like you for you, it just takes time.

Alon_Freevoice replied...
Well, thanks.. Actually my girlfriends said that one of my guyfriends and some other boys have a crush on me. But I wasn't buying it and I'll wait for the right time instead. You know, I'm not pretty. I mean, not the I'm-pretty-but-I'm-not type of not pretty.. I'm not really pretty.. acnes.. yes, they're all over my face.. etcetc... So I wait for the right guy and not just be all cool with what they say..

Hope you find yours too 
:D

Horsebackrider21225 replied...
I will and thanks.  and yeah, just take your time with it, the'll come around eventually. .  . also don't sell yourself short. Everyone is pretty but in their own special way... I have acne too. I used to wear make-up to school to hide it but in the last few months I stopped because I realized school's not a beauty pageant and there's no one I'm trying to impress. I like me for me and thats it, and if you don't like it, too bad. Lastly, thanks :D