A Letter To My Hater | Teen Ink

A Letter To My Hater

April 29, 2011
By jeffery streeter BRONZE, Auburn, New York
jeffery streeter BRONZE, Auburn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

H.A.T.E.R.S. = Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success

Dear Hater,

Here is a time for me to vent. Why must we disagree? I have no problems with you, but yet you have problems with me. I’m doing well but why must you always point out my flaws? Do you have nothing better to do? Am I too tall, too stylish? Do I have too many friends? Or am I what you wish you were? I try my best, that’s why I’m reaching success. You are always trying to knock me down a notch, but I’ll deal with your feelings I guess. Truthfully, I should thank you because if it wasn’t for your strong desire to hold me back, I would be nowhere right now. I wouldn’t be able to keep a relationship, I would have no friends and I’d probably be pointing my finger at everyone who’s so much better than me…just like you. After so many years of caring, it’s time to make a change. I will do what I want without worrying you will think I’m strange. I will wear what I want, speak how I would like to and I now realized when you truly love yourself, you don't have enemies. They may hate you, but you're too big to hate them back. So before you complain about not being impressed by what’s out there, make sure you yourself are impressive.
Love always,
Ex-Victim


The author's comments:
This is a letter to my hater. A hater is a person who cannot deal with the fact you are doing well in life, so they always point out your flaws. In this I tell my hater how I feel about them and the way they treat me.