Dead Memories

Dead minds becoming aware,
glazed eyes beginning to stare,
it's the makings of a nightmare
and alone to much to bear.

Your thoughts are left to die alone,
your heart is meant to turn to stone,
deep inside you have always known
that your memories are death prone.

Tangled, dead memories stay,
ripping, dead memories play,
as time runs out look away
from your fading minds dismay.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm:
Bree_bree, I absolutely love that first line: "Dead minds becoming aware, ". It instantly captured my attention. Which is vital in any poem. The rhythm and rhyme were spectacular. And I love the theme of dead memories. And the title too. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 31, 2013 at 1:35 pm :
By the way, I'll give you 5 stars. 

bree_bree replied...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:24 pm :
Thanks so much :) it was a spurr of the moment thought. Glad that it is amazing

Pitiful_Anonymous said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 10:10 pm:

This is really good and full of meaning for me (and hopefully you too, that's the point of writing, is it not?) I'm giving this 4 stars because I just wish it were longer... it's so good that i felt almost unsatisfied, but at the same time very satisfied.

KEEP IT UP!

bree_bree replied...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm :
thank you its grate to know that people can connect to my own thoughts on paper.. and i know what you mean when you say that and i get it XD and i promis ill keep wrighting