Pessimism vs. Optimism | Teen Ink

Pessimism vs. Optimism

By myLovelyFather GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan
myLovelyFather GOLD, Grand Rapids, Michigan

And that's the thing about the future. It's unknown, unknowable, but before you know it, you're there.

Why has my life taken this course, or what experience shall I now undertake?!
I fear the dark, cold and stark, but lighting fires begin with a spark.

How long will I wait until the hopeless find me, or when do I search for my sake?!
I am alone, no lights have shone, but to find light you must learn the unknown.

What will happen to me, all alone and cold, or can I pray for a guide to show, somehow?!
I could sit and mope, so fearful without hope, but to climb your way out you must first grasp the rope.

What future shall be made for me, or what destiny shall become mine now?
I could listen to what they think, help make me shrink, but they say good things happen in a blink.

I admit this poem is not one of my greatest, and not one of my favorites either, but I think it is worth reading. Of course, you need to understand me to understand this. There was a point in my life where I was always down, nothing to look forward to. But look at me now - I am a brand new person with a brand new approach to life.

on Jun. 2 2011 at 7:15 am

like to keep an open mind.

on Jun. 2 2011 at 6:50 am

Thank you! I am in 6th grade and don't have much opportunity, but I

Love & Peace said...
Your writing style is unique.  And your words are poignant.  I'm happy that you've found your authentic self :)

on May. 24 2011 at 11:05 am

Comment:D? Please:)