I Was There | Teen Ink

I Was There

I was there through the pain, through the hitting that made all those sins
I was there from all the suffrage that the average person could take, but me for me it would have taken a decade to gain
I was there when your weren’t at your best, you were depressed, but I gave you all I could to make you feel like you were been blessed
I was there when you weren’t strong, somehow you thought I was doing you all wrong, but at time passes by you said damn I’m sprung
I was there when I keep pretending to be that all the stars in the sky could mean something to me heaven will open up if I live on my knees
I was there when you promised that we would be together forever never let the fights ruined us, or the clever rumors from whomever
I was there when you broke the promises that you swore would never be broken
I was there when you said I was the only one who understand you
I was there when you started choosing everything before me, girls that you said meant nothing to you were becoming your life and you didn’t see how our relationship was been affecting
I was there when I gave everything up to be with you, but you weren’t still appreciating
I was there when you gave us up to focus on your future, when I could have still been by your side to support you
I was there