I Am From | Teen Ink

I Am From

I am from growing up without a mother. I had one, and in the same house, just not there for me when I needed her. She always wanted t be alone, so I let her.

I am from never seeing my dad except for just a few days a year because my mom wouldn’t let me, until the day she moved, and I moved in with my dad, here in Columbus.

I am from having best friends living right next door, to having no one, being a new girl at the school. Then making new friends all over again.

I am from living all my life in Montana until last year when I moved to California, having to start all over again, in a brand new environment, never living out of state before.

I am from having anything I wanted in Cali., to having to work for what I want her, not being able nothing or be lazy.

I am from having music to always make me feel better no matter what kind of mood I am in. from being sad, to happy, mad, to mellow.

I am from trying to make the best out of what I have, or where I am, having parents that no matter what want the best for me, whether I’m living with them or not.