You Have my Heart and Won't Let Go

You stole my heart,
and won't let go.
It's a start,
but I can't let it show.

These words I write,
are not for me.
They're to do what's right,
and let you see.

I wish you'd read,
this poem and know.
You have my heart and won't let go.

SwallowedByInsanity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I very much liked how they were all tied together with a rhyme scheme, which is surprising since I'm a big fan of free verse. Ending it with the title as your last line really made the whole thing fall into place.

Im--NOT--RayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Usually I don't really like rhyming poems, but I like the way you use rhythm (in all your poems) to keep a person reading.

musicispassion said...
i like both long and short poems but i write short poems so i like to see short poems this poem was great i like the last stanza it's cute short and to the point great work:P

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
The poem is cute and short. The rhyming was okay , and I liked your concept. My only criticism would be that I wish you would have expanded it.

blitsnik replied...
 Thanks! and yeah, i wrote this at like 3 AM originally, and when i tried to expand it after the fact, the main flow and concept was gone. Thank you though! :)

Emily.L said...
Aug. 2, 2011 at 11:54 am
Aww, that was really cute! I liked it, and the rhyming wasn't overdone :)

blitsnik replied...

Thank you :)

Robyn97 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:21 am
The poem was short, but really well done.

blitsnik replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 10:33 am

thank you.

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:51 am
i really like it and i love the rhyming. i think the last verse is good! good job! :)

blitsnik said...
thanks. it was kinda a spur of the moment thing. but thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

pianolover said...
I love this poem so much! I think it is like an innocent attraction and it is really sweet!