A Ringing Bell

There's something wrong,
that i cannot see.
Its gone on so long,
what could it be.

Like swimming in the sea,
with no shore in sight.
Yet sometimes i see,
a bold new light.

In the dead of the night,
when all should sleep.
My mind will fight,
and thoughts will leap.

My life is like,
a living hell.
Yet sometimes like,
a ringing bell.

RobinGoodfellow said...
Nice job blitsnik.  good poem, good rythm.  Its Oleg btw.  

Im--NOT--RayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This one is a little confusing to me. I don't get the bell analogy at all. But I do like the rhythm you used.

blitsnik replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:35 am
Thanks. The bell analogy is supposed to represent how pure life can be compared to times of hardship. Thanks for reading! :)

musicispassion said...
u have a good rhythm to ur poems and i can't do that u have great imagery also sorry to hear but it made a beautiful poem

blitsnik replied...
Aug. 13, 2011 at 7:51 am
Yeah, and thank you.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
I like the poem , it rhymes nicely. I didn't think the last line summed it up right , it just made no sense. You have great imagery incorporated into it  , and you had a great idea that turned into a good poem. Keep it up!

blitsnik replied...
I used the last line, because when i picture a bell ringing, it isnt a big church bell, but one of the small silver ones. One where you ring it, and the note that comes out is so pure and happy. I thought i t would be a good opposite of peoples mental view of a living hell. Thank you though. :)

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good! I like the imagery. My favorite is actually the second stanza. i can really imagine myself lost swimming in the ocean until a light house turns on all of a sudden and i know which way to go. I like the meaning of this poem! Great job! :)

blitsnik replied...

thanks, it means a lot

thetruthawaits94 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sure thing! Thanks for entering into the contest! Of course, I will let you know if you've won by August 7th!

Robyn97 said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 9:20 am
Nice rhyming. Great job!

TwasBrilling said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 9:49 am
I  really like this...especially the last 2 lines. I really like that metaphor.

blitsnik replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 1:06 am
Thanks. When i made this poem, i actually made the last stanza first, then built it to that.

pianolover said...
I really like the third stanza. It was very graphic.