Safe to Burn

How lovely, to have the capacity to feel pain.

To be able to save your own life because of that pain.

To feel fire. Because fire is Power, and that which is Power simply cannot be ignored. But how to vanquish it?

How to kill it?

Fire to fire. Burn to burn. Because it is a pleasure to destroy. Burn it! Burn fire. Disintegrate the problem.

Do not stand too close—there's nothing wrong, nothing unsafe, as long as you don't stand too close. Because it will burn....

There is no medication, no magical cure for fire, save that of one element: fire.

Because it is pleasurable to burn. Good, in fact. It is the antibiotic of choice and consequence. It burns the memory of ever having been there at all. Burn this, burn that. It's gone. It's quite all right. It's safe.

It burns with life. With color. It is so colorful, the true color is indistinguishable. Red/yellow? Orange/red? Yellow/orange? OrangeRedYellow?

Does it simply fly? A bird of passion? Of hate? Of love?

Fire. The medication of the life and soul.

To disintegrate the problem. To disintegrate the fire. By burning it. Fire to fire. Burn to burn. Safety in the fire. Safety in the burn. Fire to fire. Burn to burn.

AJFruitninja said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 10:04 am:
 really good! the pic really describes the *fire* that's burning into this poem! great work

LitTeacher said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 3:07 am:
Just like your fiction, your poetry has eloquence and, shall I say, fire? :)  Great job!

CallieL said...
Feb. 15, 2011 at 12:18 am:
Wow. That was so well written. I wish I could write like that.