The Band, Silverstein

Oh, you amazing sound
The strumming of the guitar,
The beating of the drums,
The picking of the base,
The chorus of the rhythum guitar,
Oh, you incredible sound
The voice of the lead singer enters my body singing,
screaming, it's crazy!
Oh, you hard aching noise
The way you send shivers throughout my whole entire body
And make that one great moment worthwhile.
The way you play your instruments at the right beat
And never miss a single note, it's beautiful.
The most unique sound makes me want more.
Oh, you most exhilarating band called, Silverstein.

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've never heard of silverstein. What sort of music do they play? The only current band I can name is the one my brother's in, lol. I mostly listen to sixties rock and soul.

Beachgirl1 said...
This is good! It captures what listening to your favorite artist does to you! Bravo!

TanGem This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is epic! What I like best about this poem is that is doesn't even mention what the  musicians look like. I feel like too often these days culture focuses on the physical attractiveness of artists, which detracts from the actual point of music: Sound. So I appreciate how you have the right  attitude about things. Good luck to your fave band!

TwinDemons said...
never heard of the band but through your words, I might want to find out if their good. Good job! I understand the love of music.

lilmartz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love Silverstein, Smile In Your Sleep is epic! Possibly another great idea for a poem would be to focus on their songs and include their song titles and lyrics within the piece. This one was really good though, and I'm sure anyone could easily relate it to their favorite band. Nice work :)

remorseispower replied...
WOW Haley this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job!!!!