Sex | Teen Ink

Sex

Once a married thing to do
now a reputation to pursue
a few soft words
an experiment with the "bees and birds"
Now a common activity
forgetting the beliefs of the son in the nativity
Pressure on you to do wrong
you think you have to go along
Once virginity is out of sight
the relationship ends with a fight
hearts are broken
from little words that were spoken
rumors spread from one to another
eventually you must face your mother
she says shes disappointed
now you're not sure where your life is pointed
A little prayer is said
you cry a little as you bow your head
after God says he will forgive
you must decide which way you will live.

trblue GOLD said...
on Oct. 13 2010 at 11:11 am
trblue GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. It only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother@#?!&* upside the head. "

your work is pice of art. their r some true thing that happen when you do have sex and it's toxic to life turning things black.

on Sep. 7 2010 at 10:15 am
veridical_me BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho

Outside of a dog, a book is a girl’s) best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s to dark to read –Groucho Marx

That is beautiful in a sad way. I love how the matter-of fact-ness hints at the emotion

Ren-P. PLATINUM, Tulsa, Oklahoma

"You must give up a life you’d planned in order to have the life that’s waiting for you." ~ Joseph Campbell

This is really well written, but I disagree. I think  sex  outside of marriage is right for some people, and not for others. Then again I am not a Christian so I don't have a religion telling me what my views on  sex  are. I think as long as the teens know what they are getting into, and know the risks, and use protection, it is okay. I really think for some people the right time is not marriage, although it is very cool that you know what you think of it, and stay with your beliefs. Great writing!