Mothers Day | Teen Ink

Mothers Day

January 7, 2011
By Daninela BRONZE, Austin, Texas
Daninela BRONZE, Austin, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.


Not a teddy bear that says, "I love you." nor a kiss or a hug.

I give you a note.

filled with words that remind me of you.

I find them special and dear to my heart, others say these words are characteristics of every girl.

they are wrong, these words bring water to my eyes as my heart weeps with appreciation.

words like caring, supportive, and understanding catch my eye.

alas, none of these are truly you. because you're all that and more to me.

the list is endless to who you are, what you mean to me, but there's only one word that's recognizable to me.

That word is mom.

because, anyone can me funny or charming but only one person can be as loving as you.

Happy Mothers Day.

The author's comments:
I wrote this poem for my mom. she is the inspiration for most of my poems, characters, and many more things. Most of all, she's the only one that's ever been supportive of my dream of being a writer. She is, without a doubt, the glue that keeps my family together.