I Remember...

I remember all the time-outs I used to get for the mischievous things I would do, and having to sit in the 'naughty chair' in the corner where I would pout angrily at my mother for punishing me.

I remember singing in the car with my sister to cassette tapes back before there were CD's.

I remember the feeling I had when I got lost in the grocery store.

I remember when it was a simpler time, and gas was much cheaper, and my dad used to take us on Sunday car rides.

I remember how imaginative I could be when I played Lego's and how wacky my creations turned out to be.

I remember when my best friend and I would run outside, chasing after butterflies.

I remember when he was always there for me and with me everyday. Unlike now, when he's never around.

I remember swinging with my best friend in my backyard, and laughing with him even when I fell down.

I remember climbing a tree which was way too high for me. I remember that feeling I got when I reached the top, how I felt almighty...until I got stuck and my sister had to get me down.

I remember playing games with him and not knowing how how to read the directions/rules, so we just made up our own rules...our own way to play.

I remember being forced to take naps, when now I only wish I'd have time to take a nap.

I remember making sand castle's and searching for seashells every summer.

I remember making a snowman with my dad telling my mom that it was MY snowman even though my dad had actually done all the work.

I remember giving up on my Easter-egg hunt because my sister was hogging all of the eggs.

I remember watching Disney movies over and over again, which I'll admit sometimes I still have Disney movie marathons with my friends.

I remember falling asleep at the dinner table because I sat there all night after refusing to eat my mom's disgusting casserole.

I remember making up a bunch of crazy words and names, it was like I had my own language that only I could understand.

I remember my babysitter braiding my hair every time she came over.

I remember throwing a fit every time my mom dressed my sister and I alike.

I remember the good old days, when life was simpler and I was young and naive, when I didn't have to worry about anything.