Mama where are you

Mama, where are you I’m sitting by the window waiting for you to come home from work. I want you to see what I did at school today.

Where are you Mama? I’m here waiting for you to come hug me and tell you how school was.

I’m here alone with a lady I don’t know, a lady that used to be my teacher.

She told me you’re gone and you were deported back, because these police who was wearing green took you
Mama, I don’t believe her. I know you’re here in America, looking for me because I know you love me and I know you care.

She told me I’m going to stay with Cousin Jasmine and Cousin Eric. Which is not okay. Just because they have a green card and because their my cousins.
Mama, are you gone because you don’t love me. Are you gone because you hate me?

I go to school felling hopeless. Feeling like I’m the only person in the world that doesn’t have a family.

It fee like I’m being watched and judged because of the color of my skin.
Mama, I know you’re out there in American finding your way back home so you can hug me.

Once we find each other Mama, I will be happier than getting that Mp3 on Christmas, more than that flat screen T.V. that you gave me on my birthday.

Mama, I’m here by the window waiting for you to find your way back to Portland Oregon

ashop09 said...
this is a really sad poem.. when i read it it makes me want to cry because there are alot of childrens out ther dat has noone by them because there probably deported

meg2012 replied...

Great piece Magdalena :)

I enjoyed it when you read it in class.

maggie2012 replied...
thanks for da comment. dis is my fav writing piece