DEATHNOTE | Teen Ink

DEATHNOTE

By Matthew Roberts BRONZE, Akron, Ohio
Matthew Roberts BRONZE, Akron, Ohio

Write someone’s name in this book and they will die
What would you do?
Would you try it? Or just toss it away?
Who would you test it on?
The person you hated the most? Or a criminal who deserves justice?
If a human uses the note, a god of death usually appears in front of him/her within 39 days after he/she uses the note
Could you live with a death god?
Would you continue using the note? Or purge it from your life?
The human who uses this note can neither go to heaven or hell
Would you rethink your decision? Not care? Or choose not to believe in either one of them?
The human who becomes the owner of the Death Note can, in exchange for half of his/her remaining life, for the eyeballs of the god of death which will enable him/her to see a human’s name and remaining lifetime when looking through them
Would you take the deal? Or do you care about punishing others more than living?
One page from the Death Note, or even a fragment of the page contains the full effects of the note
How many people would you kill a day?
None? One? Five? Ten? Or more?
How would you decide your killings?
Random criminals? Or long time enemies?
If the cause of death isn’t written within 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, then the person will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
How would you make people die?
Suicide? Accidents? Or just stick with heart attacks?
What if the police started noticing your killings?
Would you keep using the note? Hand it off to someone else? Or conceal your killings?
Would you kill your pursuers? Or lead them on wild goose chases?
Would you shape the world into a crime-free environment? Or into an environment full of your friends?
Does anyone really deserve to die? Does anyone really have the authority to kill anyone?
Would you think all of the above to be stupid or pointless?
If so…
Then the next time you say to yourself “I hate that person” or “I wish they would die” and find yourself face to face with a Death Note, think carefully, because your decision could save a life, or ruin one.

on Nov. 24 2013 at 1:46 am
WaywardAndWild, Rio Rico, Arizona

"I've been upside down, I don't want to be the right way 'round, can't find paradise on the ground." -Oh Wonder, "All We Do"

I love this!! It really makes you think about, "What if I found a Death Note? What if I was in Light's position?" And I love things that make me think like that because everyone would have a different opinion about it, something think it would be evil, others would use it. And those who use it...would they be as smart as Light? Even he made some major mistakes. But, anywho, I adored it!