Today I Wore... | Teen Ink

Today I Wore...

By CharleeVan GOLD, Lincoln, Nebraska
CharleeVan GOLD, Lincoln, Nebraska

"How do you feel? That is the question, but I forget you don't expect an easy answer. When something like a soul becomes initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes you can't expect a bit of hope..."
-Stone Sour "Through the Glass"

Today i wore a necklace,
with my razor hanging at my breasts.
It reminds me of this pain,
that you left deep inside my chest.

Today i wore eyeliner,
to hide my tired eyes.
I couldn't sleep a single night,
since you told me all those lies.

Today i wore a long sleeve shirt,
to hide all my fresh cuts.
I tried to prove my love to you,
but now i know its not enough.

Tomorrow you will wear black,
in memory of me.
For tonight I will wear a noose,
and be no more than a memory.

I wrote this piece because I find it funny how I always tell people how I feel by wearing certain things. I really didn't expect this poem to turn out like this, but I like how it is.

on Dec. 14 2010 at 5:46 pm
CharleeVan GOLD, Lincoln, Nebraska

-Stone Sour "Through the Glass"

Eh it may be disturbing, like quite a few of my poems, but I always think that it is best to let poetry scream your true feelings because if every line is just filled with fake happiness, nobody is going to want to read it...

And trust me hun, you don't need to do the whole, "No don't do it" lines on me. I'm not hurting myself anymore. I fought to get out of that mess and I'm as happy as can be now, but thanks for your concern.

I definitely understand what you are saying about girls always trying your best, but I do know plenty of girls that don't try at all even though they are with an amazing fellow.

krd505 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 13 2010 at 1:21 pm
krd505 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
This poem is sad and a little disturbing. You shouldn't let a guy get you so down on yourself. Your life has more in it, besides an ex boyfriend. I am sure that you have family and friends that love you dearly. "I tried to prove my love to you, but now I know its not enough." That's a good line because most girls always try their best to prove they love the boy, but in return he doesn't do the same.