Friday Night | Teen Ink

Friday Night

By dustin4143 BRONZE, Peralta, New Mexico
dustin4143 BRONZE, Peralta, New Mexico

Strength is power And Power is Wizdome

1. The lights shine real bright
the grass is green
I can hear the
sounds of feet running
5. They are after something
I hear the loud smacks
of the hard hits
The flags are thrown
The croud goes wild
10. Take the ball back five yards

on Dec. 6 2010 at 12:44 pm
TheSpiritOfMe GOLD, Fort Waynee, Indiana

I love this. It totally relates to watching my brother play on the friday nights. Keep up the good work . ! 

Would you read some of mine . ?

JRA401 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 12:10 pm
JRA401 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

ummmhmmm.!

This is an awesome description of Friday Night Football. I love those nights and can't wait until next year. " The crowd goes wild", is a great way to express how the fans go bananas over their team. A way you can make this better is how the football team feels about winning that night.

on Dec. 6 2010 at 9:23 am
guardian_angel BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
This is a good description of a Friday night football game. I like that i can read it and automatically know it is about a football game. You should try to fix your spelling error on the word crowd. Other than the spelling error the only thing i would think you should change is the numbers. What do they mean?

knd071 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 6 2010 at 9:23 am
knd071 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana

I would take out the stanza numbers. It distracts from the poem. Crowd is also misspelled, so you may want to consider revising this poem. 

Anyway, I like how I didn't know what you were talking about until the last two lines. I had another image in my mind while I was reading this, and only realized that it was about football when I finished reading your poem. The imagery is strong as well, and I liked how you stated that the grass was green. It reinforces the idea and plants a stronger image, though I would still consider revising.

on Dec. 5 2010 at 10:39 am
OriginalCarbonation GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

dream as if you'll live forever
live as if you'll die tomorrow

first of all i think croud should be "crowd". also the numbers confused me? what do they mean? but i like this, its very nice summary of a friday night football game :)