Stuck in A Bottle

By , Spring Valley, CA
These teenage years are kind of rough,
You made me defend myself and my beliefs
And to never back down from a fight.
Through the changing tide I learned to stand,
To take your drinking and take my mom’s hand.
The waves come crashing as I remember,
My first bike ride, where were you?
My first tennis match, where were you?
You basque in the glow of my accomplishments,
Where are you when it really matters?
It seems that Jose is your best friend,
You drown your life,
You won’t drown mine.
Jose will always be there…
Will I?

t-sers said...
It's taken a long time. Jose is gone for now finally. The scars are deep and if they can heal, it will take time. It didn't happen overnight - it won't be forgotten overnight either.

Just Me said...
Perhaps the day will come when his eyes will open and he will see what he's missing. I only hope it won't be too late. Stay strong and proud... you are truly amazing.

Poppy said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 11:42 am

I know this young lady personnally, she is an absolute delight to be around and to know.      We are all so proud of her accomplishments.   She has a wonderful mother, who has led her thru all the ups and lows of her young life.      She has a huge amount to be proud of, and it's her dad's loss that he has blinkers on when it comes to all this.     She is one beautiful person, and I am very lucky to be a very smal... (more »)

Dragonfly said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 10:52 am
You have grown up to be such a mature and thoughtful person, even under such stressful circumstances.  I wish your father knew and support how hard you work to achieve your accomplishments.  Unfortunately, "Jose" has always come first.

tsmom said...
Nov. 29, 2010 at 10:50 am
This is so touching and sad.