The Core's Creation

Happiness is a creation from within
Starting in our mind’s core
We have the strength to begin
We have an imaginary world to explore

Starting in our mind’s core
A place of mystery to unearth
We have an imaginary world to explore
Where we can visualize contentment’s birth

A place of mystery to unearth
To bury our secrets beneath a floor
Hold happiness forevermore

To bury our secrets beneath a floor
Find our long lost self worth
Hold happiness forevermore
Express laughter, experience mirth

Find our long lost self worth
Leave behind what held us back before
Express laughter, experience mirth
Open the waiting of opportunity’s door

Leave behind what held us back before
We have the strength to begin
Open the waiting of opportunity’s door
Happiness is a creation from within

thetruthishere94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm:
Yes. You cannot wait around waiting for happiness to come along and wash over you. It is already there inside. It is up to you to bring it to the surface. I love the meaning of this poem on the whole!

CarolynQ replied...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm :
Thanks so much =

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:59 am:
Wow. The way wove the stanzas together with repetition was very powerful and added a lot to your poem, I think :) I also really like the message behind the poem- WE create our own happiness, if we only have the strength to let ourselves truly experience it :D great job!!

CarolynQ replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 10:41 am :
Thankyouuu! Yeah it took  me a long time to be able to pick up on this life lesson, and I decided to share the message through my only strength... poetry. Haha :)

NinjaGirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm:
I really like how the title grabs the reader's attention without giving anything away about the content of the poem! I love you word choice and the repetition you used within the stanzas. You are a talented poet. :) By the way, I agree with you; happiness really does come from within... or maybe from pen and paper, us being writers and all ;)

CarolynQ replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 5:12 pm :
Thanks, yeah i ABSOLUTELY agree with you about the pen and paper, writing is the only thing that gives me peace. I really appreciate you taking your time out to read my work thankyou for your kind comment :)