The Final Bow | Teen Ink

The Final Bow

By karissalynb GOLD, Elmore, Ohio
karissalynb GOLD, Elmore, Ohio

What is it in her that you see you look at her like you looked at me you star with those tantilizing eyes when will SHE see through your lies I knew the hurt would come again thinking we could be more than friends so give me the cold shoulder I don't care no longer will you stroke my hair and tell me hey I think you're cute I'm going to give you the final boot the fire that I thought I craved left my soul now to be saved I'm burned inside oh how it sears I thought we could last for years but now I know I'm just a silly child thinking you could tame the wild love is too strong a word you see love was too strong for you and me the smoke and incense I did yearn but now you stand and watch me burn you broke my heart like I knew you would and I wonder if what I saw in you was good you showed me passion that I never knew and I was ready to melt with you so whatever now you've made your choice never again will you hear my voice.

So I found out that my ex was trying to get back with his ex and told her that he wasn't seeing anyone and so I wasn't going to be played so I wrote him this to tell him how I felt