Anne Frank, A Young Girl

Anneliese.
Deep, friendly, ever-changing, self-reflective.

Your parents, Otto Frank and Edith Frank
Don't understand that you,
once a child,
are now growing up,
and in growing up,
Have found affection for
Peter Van Pels.

Yearning to be free,
but trapped by the changes
in the world surrounding you.
Longing to be free,
But safe in your Secret Annexe.

You,
Wishing for spring,
for the outside world
Frank.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The Diary of a Young Girl made me rethink humanity. I felt like I was almost equally affected by the personalities within the Secret Annex as by the terrible events going on outside. She really was a remarkable girl, which you told the reader very well; especially the last four lines.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

I am very glad for the way in which I read her book. It made her so much more real to me, I honestly thought of her as one of my best friends. I even wrote something from her perspective for the class I was taking in which I read the book. 

It was like she was alive until I read the last few words in the book. 

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 3:01 am
You have described the longings of Anne Frank very smoothly and beautifully. I like it. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:34 am
Thank you Dove :)

Aderes18 said...

I LOVE THIS POEM!!

I think this poem describes Anne Frank and her situation perfectly. :)

If you really love Anne Frank, then you should not only read her diary but read Annexed by Sharon Doger and watch the BBC movie based on her diary. They are both good!

Annexed, in case you were wondering, is a book in Peter's perspective about his experiences in the Annex. It's fictional but it's still super good. :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Thank you :)

I haven't heard of Annexed, but that sounds like a great book; I've watched one Anne Frank movie, but I don't think it was the BBC one, I'll have to see if I can get ahold of that one.

Aderes18 replied...
Check, because the movie that you saw and the movie that I saw might be the same movie. Was the one you saw old? The one I saw was made two or three years ago, very recent. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
I think the one I saw was pretty recent.

Aderes47 replied...
So then we saw the same movie. :)